“Siding” refers to a building’s outer covering or cladding. It is typically installed on the exterior walls and serves as a protective barrier against the elements while enhancing the structure’s appearance. Siding slows the aging process of your home, keeping it protected from wear and tear, weather damage, and more.
Siding serves several vital functions beyond aesthetics, including:
- Protection against moisture, wind, and UV radiation
- Provides insulation, keeping your home or commercial building warm in winter and cool in summer, which in turn leads to increased energy efficiency
- Improves the structural integrity of a building by adding an additional layer of protection against impact, such as from hail or debris during severe weather events
Adding siding is a great decision if you are interested in increasing the value of your property, as siding is highly sought after among prospective homeowners. It comes in various colors, looks great, and can boost the curb appeal of any building.
Types of Siding We Offer
Siding comes in a variety of materials, each with its own advantages. Choosing the best siding for your home can be a delicate process, as replacing siding can be costly and time-consuming. You do not need to worry about that, though—one of our experts will consult with you about the best options for your home or commercial building based on your preferred style, budget, and level of protection. Additionally, our technicians can advise you on how best to maintain your siding over time to maximize your investment.
We offer a variety of options, including:
- Vinyl Siding: Easily the most popular form of siding. It is durable and available in many colors, styles, and textures, making it a great way to customize the look of your home. Unlike other types of siding, such as metal or fiber cement board (FCB), vinyl does not require painting or complicated maintenance such as caulking or inspecting for fungal growth—all it needs is an occasional wash with soap and water. Additionally, it is water-resistant and relatively lightweight, making it an excellent choice for those who don’t want the extra effort involved in maintaining heavier materials like wood.
- Composite Siding: Offers many of the same benefits of vinyl siding while providing increased strength and durability. Unlike traditional wood or vinyl siding, composite siding is fire-resistant and insect-proof. It comes primed, allowing you to paint it however you’d like.
- Wood Siding: A classic choice for homes that sport a traditional look. Wood siding is generally long-lasting and has excellent insulation properties. It is heavier than some other types of siding, so installation can be more labor-intensive and expensive.
- Metal Siding: A low-maintenance yet durable choice for homes. It is available in aluminum, steel, or copper and can be painted to match a building’s aesthetic. Metal siding provides excellent insulation and extraordinary resistance against rot, insects, and fire. Furthermore, it holds up very well in extreme climates and requires minimal maintenance apart from cleaning. Metal siding can be more expensive than other options, such as vinyl or wood, which you should consider when planning an installation.
- Hardie Board Siding: A long-lasting and durable option made of fiber cement that offers superior resistance to moisture, rotting, fire, and pests. This type of siding is available in various styles and colors, making it easy to customize. Hardie board siding is also economical as it lasts longer than other materials while providing outstanding insulation properties.
- LP SmartSide: A brand of engineered wood siding made from wood strands, resins, and wax. It offers superior protection against weather and insects. LP SmartSide does not rot, warp, or swell like regular wood siding, so it needs minimal maintenance. Compared to other types of siding, such as wood or metal, LP SmartSide may require more maintenance, but installation costs are usually lower.
Already have siding that needs some TLC? No problem—we can handle repairs of any size. Just give us a call, and we will be on our way.
Experts Offering Quality Siding in Minneapolis, St. Paul, and S
For high-quality, reliable siding installation and repair in the Twin Cities, trust our team at Crown Exteriors. We are here to help and will never try to talk you into something you do not need— that’s not how we developed our reputation for honest work, and it is not how we do business. Dedicated to excellence and integrity, our team provides superior products and services no matter how big or small your budget is. We take pride in our attention to detail, fair pricing, knowledgeable staff, and use of premium materials, and you can trust us to get the job done right the first time, every time.
At the end of the day, what matters most to us is that you have what you need to protect your home or commercial building.
We are ready to give your home the protection it deserves. Are you?
We advocate for homeowners, like a lawyer advocates for a client in the courtroom. Let us be your trusted restoration services provider while delivering exceptional-workmanship, superior value and 100% satisfaction. Call for a free inspection to see what projects Crown Exteriors can get done for you.
Honesty and Integrity You Can Rely On
Lifetime Warranties for Products and Workmanship
No Money Down and Low-Interest Financing Options