A roof repair is a fix to a specific problem with your roof, which could be anything from a missing shingle to a hole in the roof deck.
Benefits of Roof Repair:
- Less expensive than a replacement
- Can be completed in a shorter amount of time
- Can extend the life of your roof
Cons of Roof Repair:
- You could end up having to schedule numerous repairs as your roof ages and loses durability
- You will inevitably need to replace your roof at some point
- Though initially less expensive than a replacement, the costs of repairs can quickly add up
A roof replacement is the complete removal of an old roof to install a new one.
Benefits of Roof Replacement:
- Provides a new roof with a longer lifespan
- Can improve the appearance of your commercial building
- Can increase the value of your commercial building
- Provides optimal protection from the elements and weather
Cons of Roof Replacement:
- More expensive than repairs
- It takes longer to replace a roof than it does to repair
When Is It Time for a Commercial Roof Replacement?
It is essential to consider whether your roof has reached the end of its lifespan or sustained damage due to excessive sun exposure, weather damage, poor maintenance, or defective materials -- these are all signs that you need to replace your roof.
Other indications that it may be time to replace your roof include the following:
- Any rust on metal surfaces
- Excessive water pooling near drains or flashing
- Exposed insulation boards or fiberglass pads due to other deterioration
- Moss or mold growing on the decking material
- Soft spots or sagging areas in the decking
- Excessive cracking on the surface
- Water infiltration, such as leaks, water marks, and stains
Not all indications are apparent or even observable to the untrained eye. We can thoroughly inspect your roof for any potential issues to give you an idea if replacement is necessary.
During an inspection, we can:
- Assess ventilation areas
- Check drainage systems around gutters and downspouts
- Consider costs associated with labor/materials/removal/installation (including warranty)
- Estimate the remaining life expectancy for your roof based on the material it is made from
- Factor in any applicable tax credits from local governments
- Inspect the health of your roof’s membrane
- Inspect water pooling near foundation areas
- Help you weigh long-term savings against current expenses incurred with repairs/replacement options presented
Types of Commercial Roofing
We offer four types of roofing:
- Spray foam: This insulation is applied as a liquid foam that expands to create a seamless, durable, and energy-efficient roofing system. It is typically used for commercial or industrial buildings and provides excellent insulation properties and waterproofing.
- EPDM: A synthetic rubber roofing membrane commonly used in commercial and residential applications, EPDM is known for its durability, flexibility, and resistance to UV rays, making it an ideal choice for flat or low-sloped roofs.
- TPO: A type of single-ply roofing membrane. It is similar to EPDM in that it is durable, energy efficient, and resistant to UV rays and chemicals.
- Flat: A type of roof design with little or no slope, resulting in a horizontal or near-horizontal surface.
Our technicians will help you decide the best option based on your needs and budget. We will discuss what led to the need for replacement and plan with those elements in mind. For example, if UV rays were the cause of your roof damage, we may recommend a TPO or EPDM roofing system.
Contact Us to Schedule a Commercial Roof Replacement in Twin Cities
For high-quality roof replacements in the Twin Cities, St. Paul, or Washington County, look to the experts at Crown Exteriors. We are locally owned, have over 50 years of combined experience, and are passionate about our work. Our products and services come with lifetime limited warranties, keeping your roof protected for years to come.
We advocate for homeowners, like a lawyer advocates for a client in the courtroom. Let us be your trusted restoration services provider while delivering exceptional-workmanship, superior value and 100% satisfaction. Call for a free inspection to see what projects Crown Exteriors can get done for you.
Honesty and Integrity You Can Rely On
Lifetime Warranties for Products and Workmanship
No Money Down and Low-Interest Financing Options