Commercial roofs are exposed to various environmental elements that can cause significant damage. Regular maintenance and inspection can help to identify problems quickly and help prevent further damage; however, there is always the possibility of an unfortunate surprise.
Because of the wide range of available roofing materials, there are innumerable ways that a roof can sustain damage.
Some of the most common issues we see are:
- Leaking occurs when water seeps through cracks in the roof membrane or around flashing materials such as skylights or chimneys. To assess the severity of a leak, it is essential to first access the affected area and determine if any moisture is present, which our team can handle for you.
- Punctures result from sharp objects penetrating the roof membrane, causing a break in its protection system. Trees, especially those with large branches, are a common culprit when it comes to perforations like these. If you can safely inspect the area for things like protruding screws or nails, it may give you an idea of the extent of the repairs you will need; however, we recommend calling our team, as we know how to locate issues safely and can provide you with an estimate for repairs.
- Cracks can form after prolonged exposure to extreme changes in temperature. These fluctuations cause the expansion and contraction of materials used for roof construction, such as asphalt shingles, metal sheets, or roof tiles.
- Water Ponding occurs when rainwater accumulates on flat surfaces. Before attempting to clean out any clogged gutters or downspouts yourself, contact our team. We have specialized tools and training to ensure nothing is damaged during our work.
Reasons to Get Your Roof Inspected & Repaired
While it may not seem like your roof requires an immediate repair, it’s easy to overlook a seemingly minor issue that’s actually indicative of a major problem. For example, that small leak could be the result of a gradual accumulation of water over a period of weeks or months.
Because of these possibilities, it is best to stay vigilant when it comes to keeping a healthy roof, calling in the pros at Crown Exteriors for regular maintenance, or whenever there is any concern.
Other benefits to repairs and inspections include:
- Long-Term Savings: Though it may seem counter-intuitive, paying for repairs as quickly as possible can save you money. The reason is simple—a quick patching is far less expensive in the long run than purchasing another roof. As we stated above, damage can spread quickly. Opting to pay the costs of a simple repair can help you avoid paying thousands for restoration or a replacement. Further, inspections can help you avoid some of these issues altogether, as they allow us to locate any developing problems.
- Preventing Future Catastrophe: You can never be sure of what the future holds for your roof. Waiting for a sign to repair is unwise—once leaks or damage become apparent to the untrained eye, you likely already have a big problem. Regular repair assessments and inspections can help us locate and treat any problems before it is too late.
- Protect Your Investment: Roofs are costly. An investment of this magnitude requires care and attention. Allowing your roof to incur considerable damage due to something as simple as failure to call for help is expensive and avoidable. Our team can help ensure that your roof not only remains intact but that it remains in optimal health and function.
- Planning Ahead: When we work on a roof, we gain valuable insight into its overall health. We can often provide a ballpark figure of how many years it has left before replacement will be needed. This gives us the opportunity to schedule a replacement early, avoiding the considerable costs of repairing any decking or correcting lingering issues before we begin the new installation.
Contact Us for a Free Initial Inspection
Regardless of how well you plan, there is no avoiding the inevitability of roof repair. In almost all cases, it is best to prepare yourself by scheduling routine repair assessments. Our team at Crown Exteriors provides commercial roof repairs of the highest quality, keeping you and your customers safe and dry and allowing you to conduct business without the lingering fear of a roofing emergency.
We advocate for homeowners, like a lawyer advocates for a client in the courtroom. Let us be your trusted restoration services provider while delivering exceptional-workmanship, superior value and 100% satisfaction. Call for a free inspection to see what projects Crown Exteriors can get done for you.
Honesty and Integrity You Can Rely On
Lifetime Warranties for Products and Workmanship
No Money Down and Low-Interest Financing Options